Master's degree in 5G&SC (5G and Secure Computing)
2 Years | 120 Credits
The aim of the 5G&SC (5G and Secure Computing) Master's degree is to train professionals who have an excellent knowledge of existing technologies, but who are also capable of designing the networks of the future. It offers a professional training that allows students to acquire expertise in the field of mobile communications, connected objects and security. Participants are at the heart of future developments (5G, IoT, Cloud) of infrastructures concerning billions of users and end up acquiring expertise on the protocols and architecture of these systems, both on the radio part and on the fixed part. The most recent systems are presented in detail: LTE, LTE Advanced. Future developments, such as 5G and the Internet of Things, virtualization in mobile networks (NFV/SDN) and the cloud are also developed. The Master's degree also covers radio engineering. It provides students with a mastery of the processes involved in the planning and sizing of these networks. The industrial dimensions are also targeted by the curriculum in their project management component, their "study" dimension and in their life skills component (adaptability, flexibility, creativity and customer orientation). The specific objectives of the training are:
- Develop technical skills in the design, deployment and management of mobile and distributed applications and infrastructures.
- Design prototypes and create applications and services related to the Internet of Things.
- To meet the technological challenges related to the security of computer systems and particularly those of connected objects
- Design machine learning tools and approaches for megadata processing and analysis.
- To develop managerial skills in learners and prepare them for the follow-up and management of major projects.
- Develop intercultural communication and management skills in order to evolve in an international environment.
The Master 5G&SC is co-built with the historical operator of telecommunications in Tunisia, namely Tunisie Telecom.
Admission to the first year of the 5G&SC Master's program is open to candidates with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, a Bachelor's degree in Information and Communication Technologies, a Bachelor's degree in Electronics, Electrical Engineering and Automation, a Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a Bachelor's degree in Physics, or an equivalent degree.
Admission to the second year is also possible for the following candidates:
- Candidates with a M1 degree successfully completed in Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering, Data Science and Software Development, Computer and Network Security, Embedded Systems, Mathematics, Business Computing, or any equivalent training.
Candidates with an engineering degree in computer science/computer engineering, telecommunications, networks and distributed systems, software engineering, information and communication technologies, or any equivalent training.
At the end of the training, learners should be able to:
- Master the theoretical foundations and understand the general principles of mobile radio networks and next generation wireless networks.
- Acquire expertise in the field of mobile communications, connected objects and cybersecurity, and place the learner at the heart of future developments (5G, IoT, Cloud) of infrastructures concerning billions of users.
- To master the processes involved in the planning and sizing of these networks.
- Develop the architecture project of a telecom network (technical model, economic evaluation, modeling, definition, ...)
- Define and elaborate the functional and technical specifications of a network, telecom equipment (hardware, software, implementation, ...)
- Determine architecture components, technologies, equipment, support tools and integrate them according to specifications
- Dimension, plan and monitor the capacity of the telecom network and its interconnections
- Define and control procedures, test protocols, tests or validation of telecom networks Collect and define the needs of the company, customers, users in terms of telecom systems (capacity, reliability, security, ...)
- Analyze operating and usage conditions and implement solutions for adjustments, evolutions or migrations of networks and resources
- Define and control the application of quality and security procedures for information and telecom systems
- Supervise and coordinate the implementation of projects
- Implement technical procedures for the operation, use and security of computer equipment.
- Analyze the performance of the information system and recommend measures to improve security.
- Identify, diagnose malfunctions, incidents, non-conformities and implement corrective measures
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently
- Be able to work both individually and in a team
- Demonstrate an ability to integrate into a multicultural group
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial and leadership skills
- Demonstrate organizational and project management skills
The 5G&SC Master's degree aims to train consultants, network architects, design engineers and others at operators, but also at energy suppliers, smart car manufacturers, in e-health, etc. It will also be possible to work in Internet of Things start-ups, to pursue research or teaching.
The training program prepares candidates for several types of certificates. The list may include but is not limited to:
- Preparation for the LPIC1/LPIC2 operating system administration certification
- A preparation for the "Routing and Switching" certification in networks from Huawei Technologies
- A preparation for the Python PCEP/PCAP certification
- A preparation for the Java certification
- Preparation for Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Computing Certification
All costs mentioned are exclusive of VAT (the current rate in January 2020 is 7%)
|Duration||Type of Fee||Tunisian students||International Students|
|2 years||Application fee
(payable only once on first enrolment in a PI course)
|500 DTTTC||250 € INCL. VAT|
|Annual registration fee||6825 DTHT||3400 € EXCL.|
|Information theory and coding||2|
|Networks: infrastructure, engineering, services and applications||3|
|Next generation networks||3|
|Operating Systems Administration - LPIC1/LPIC2||3|
|Basic principles of security||2|
|Communication Techniques I||2|
|Entrepreneurship and business creation||2|
|Object Design Methodology and Software Engineering
Preparation for Huawei certification
|2 to 3G/3G+ mobile radio networks||3|
|Infrastructure virtualization and cloud computing||3|
|Network security and filtering||3|
|Administration and supervision of networks and services||3|
|Microcontrollers and connected objects||3|
|Wireless network concepts, technologies and architectures||3|
|Communication Techniques II||2|
|Python PCEP/PCAP Certification Preparation
Blockchain and its tools
|4 to 5G mobile radio networks||3|
|Virtualization and softwarization of networks: SDN and NFV||2|
|Security audit and pentesting||3|
|Security of connected objects and the Internet of Things||3|
|Engineering and planning of mobile radio networks||3|
|Megadata (Big Data)||3|
|Artificial Intelligence (Machine & Deep Learning)||3|
|Job search and professional integration||3|
|End of study project||30|