List of expected learning outcomes :
- Understand the concepts related to software HMI usability
- Optimising the design of software interfaces along the development process.
Key words : ergonomics
Teaching objectives: This course allows the student to understand the principles of HMI ergonomics. In addition, the student will have to acquire the methodology and the main techniques allowing to optimize the design of software interfaces throughout the development process
Teaching content :
- Lesson 1: Introduction to ergonomics
- Lesson 2: Integrating usability into the software cycle
- Lesson 3: User modelling
- Lesson 4: User-centred design and expert analysis
- Lesson 5: Basics of user testing methodology
Possible projects to be carried out :
Core textbook(s): Coursepack & Interactive Course
 Nielsen, J. "Designing Web Usability: The Practice of Simplicity", New Riders Publishing, 2000
[ 2 ] Seffah, A., Gulliksen J., Desmarais, M. "Human-Centered Software Engineering, Integrating Usability in the software development lifecycle", Springer edition (HCI Series), 2005
[ 3 ] Rosson, M.B. , Carroll, J.M. "Usability Engineering: Scenario-based development of human-computer interaction", Morgan-Kaufmann edition, 2002.
[ 4 ] Nogier, J.F. "Ergonomie du logiciel et design web : Le manuel des interfaces utilisateur", Dunod edition (4th edition), 2008.