The certification in Building Information Modeling(BIM ) certification from the University of Liege is provided by trainers from theUniversity of Liege. It guarantees advanced skills that are highly sought after in the construction sector. However, this certification is validated within the framework of the Master BIM of theprivate university Polytechnique Internationale, as well as the professional PhD of Liège (10 credits out of 60).
However, BIM, or "building information model", is a complex process that allows all stages of a construction project to be managed around a digital model.
- To provide basic knowledge of the BIM process in the construction world.
- To raise awareness of BIM issues in the construction and management of small and medium-sized projects.
- To give the keys to a progressive integration of the use of BIM for small and medium size projects
The course is primarily aimed at professionals in the building industry who wish to update their current way of working in order to integrate the BIM process.
It is particularly relevant to :
- Architects and architectural engineers.
- CAD draftsmen.
- Workers in the construction sector.
- A theoretical approach to the basic and advanced notions of BIM by Mr. A. Boutemadja, Teacher & researcher at the Faculty of Architecture and the LNA.
- Collaborative work in BIM Assisted by Prof. S.Ben Rajeb, External Expert - Lecturer at ULB and Prof. P.Leclercq, Professor at the Faculty of Applied Sciences of ULg and head of LUCID.
- The legal aspects of BIM Assisted by A.Rigolet, Assistant at the Faculty of Law of the ULg
- Review of examples of projects developed in BIM by Mr. P.Perreau, BIM Management Consultant Multi-stakeholder BIM trainer.
- Introduction to 3D data acquisition methods by Prof. P. Hallot, Lecturer at the Faculty of Architecture Researcher at LNA, Researcher at DIVA.
- BIM and its software Assisted by Dr. J. Wetzel, Teacher at ENSA Strasbourg.
- BIM and Parametric Architecture Assisted by Prof. S.Jancart, Lecturer at the Faculty of Architecture, Head of the LNA and Ms A.Stals, FNRS PhD student at the LNA.
- End of course report